Monday, April 5, 2010

Breathe watching = Awareness of breathe

Feb 23

2nd day after samyama. My ankle has recovered. I did 12 cycles of suria namaskara effortlessly. Did my shakti and shambavi.

Went to Vijii's place to do breathe watching. At first find it difficult. Then I asked for Vijii's help. Suddenly it occur to me, breathe watching is a preliminary to awareness of breathe. Then it was a breeze and I did it for 40 min.

When I came out, I saw d flowers n tot they r alive because of their tie to the tree trunk, jus like m alive because of my tie to my breathe. We r both alive. I felt such humility that we r both creation of the Source. Then I got back to my room feeling happy that m alive.

Now sitting here at the canteen drinking sweet lime juice. Jus being aware of my breathe. The gal from the States said its her second time doing samyama. She said she has difficulty doing it eyes open as tots comes to distract. Me, actually m fine. Very little tot come in. I am only distracted when m eating or talking.

Afternoon
Went to Teetakhoon, I had to wade alone in d pool. But I gather courage n proceed, a first time for me. All d previous times, there was always someone there to help me. It was great wading in the pool.

Then went into the temple. At first tot of jus doin shoonya, in d end I decided to do samyama. For the first time, I felt comfortable..I used to not like Dynalinga, I find it suffocating, bit overwhelming.

Jus now d gal from States said d most important meditation is d samyama. I agree wit her. So my plan;
Mornin (4.30 am) - hatha and shambavi and breathe watching
Evenin - brahmananda, shoonya, shakti and samyama.

(Apr 3 - when I actually practised, i become sleepy during the breathing/samyama towards the end. So, I re-prioritised and make them second last instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment